Macbook (13.3") Touch Screen - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fatcat23, Dec 27, 2008.

1. fatcat23 macrumors member

I'm looking to mod my Macbook, have already picked a usb pcb controller and know where to place it. Just need help finding a 13.3" touch screen over lay for the existing LCD. I'm using a method similar to what people are doing with the new netbooks.
    Best touch screen I have found so far (using just the screen): http://buymost.com/e_groovy_touch_spec.php

Any one done this? Any links to touch screen over lays?

Please help, I would think that someone has tried this before.

Any good reference sites? insanely mac?....

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You might want to check out the modbook. Perhaps you could send them an email and see what they use for the touchscreen.

3. fatcat23 thread starter macrumors member

I doubt they would tell me what part they are using, and it might be a lcd with touch together not just an overlay.

And they charge so much for modding an existing macbook. I have a first revision macbook, so I don't want to spend 1300 on something that's almost 3 years old. Plus its fun to do myself, lol.

Thanks for the idea tho, I will send them an email.

4. fatcat23 thread starter macrumors member

After taking apart my macbook, I have determined this to be impossible. The casing is to small to fit an overlay. No wonder there are no posts on it.

Some would say it's possible, but I'm not risking it. To those who say it is, show me proof.