MacBook 13 6,1 Shutting down unexpectedly :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fffr, Nov 15, 2013.

1. fffr macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I need very urgent help with my White MacBook 13" 6,1 Model

Since yesterday it started shutting down unexpectedly. I turn the MAC ON and it shuts down by himself during MAC OS X loading screen.

I dont know if this helps, but i opened the macbook and i disconnected the touchpad connector of the mainboard... and since that it worked fine.
    What can it be? A faulty touchpad? With the touchpad connector off the FAN starts spinning faster and i notice the mac working a bit slowler.
    I tried to update the SMC but i found that there's nothing for macbook 6,1.

What can i do?

Thanks!

2. WildCard^ macrumors regular

my first reaction was you had a fan or overheating issue, but I am perplexed as to why your reaction was to disconnect the touchpad connector. Did you recently damage it or something?

3. fffr thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey there! Thank you for your quick reply, i read something on Google about a guy who did the same (disconnected touchpad) on another macbook and it started working.
    I don't know if the problems are related, but the truth is with the touchpad connected to the motherboard the MAC shutsdown on the grey screen (booting up), but if i disconnect the touchpad it boots to OS X, and with an USB mice/keyboard i can work (a bit slower) and i hear the fan very fast.
    Another weird thing is that when i disconnect the touchpad the mac keyboard also stops working.

At last, i was able to get an exact same touchpad (thought the problem was from the touchpad) ... but it the new one it does the same.

Any guesses?

Thanks!