Macbook 13" Case/Backback/Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AmbiguousNinja, Jun 15, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Hey, I'm going to get a Macbook Pro 13" before July (Gonna snag me a free Lion!), does anyone have any recommendations on what case/sleeve or backpack I should get for it? I'm planning on taking it everywhere I go so I'm probably going to need a backpack and a case/sleeve. Thanks in advance!

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Since you got the 13" you want portability so I would go with a sleeve. Incase and booq offer some nice options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. AmbiguousNinja thread starter macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Thanks! I'll probably buy an Incase sleeve but I'm going to take my Macbook pretty much everywhere (China, School, Long car ride etc) so I'm hoping to find a good but cheap backpack. Preferably from Best buy or Future shop.

4. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/campus-pack-cl55321

Love this! Been looking around for a backpack or sleeve for my MBP that i'm buying tomorrow too.

5. SylentSnipe macrumors newbie

SylentSnipe

I got the Spec black case for mine and case logic sleeve. Works great for this deployed loaction im at.

6. mmlo macrumors newbie

for something a little different, check out this Felthouse sleeve from japan. i bought it for my macbook and really like it. It's a thicker type of felt and fits really snug, and it's like no one elses. protects very well, too.

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

I use a North Face Borealis, an Elecom hardcase (similar to Speck), and a no-name sleeve (nice, but not great).

The North Face is obviously a general purpose bag, but it has lasted through more than 5 years of hauling heavy loads and it has gone around the world a few times with me. That said, I would like to get something durable, but more geared towards urban life. I am still looking for my next backpack.

The hardcase was a great purchase. I would highly recommend it. It appears that they often cause minor abrasion marks, but mine has already saved me from a major gash, and I think it is a great idea for protecting against awful damage like dents or worse. I am glad I got it.

I definitely recommend putting it in a sleeve in your backpack. Rain, dust, leaky pens, liquids, and other disasters occur inside backpacks. Better safe than sorry. Next time I am in the states, I will get the g-form.
    http://g-form.com/product/extreme-sleeve-for-laptops/
    Watch the videoa and I think you'll be persuaded as well :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdAAbu-nMkY