MacBook 13" Cases?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by InfernoUk, Jan 21, 2008.

1. InfernoUk macrumors 6502

Hey i can only imagine the number of times this has been asked but i recently got a new 13" macbook mid range spec and wondered what would be a good case, i ordered http://www.easylaptopshop.co.uk/pro...ag_in_carbon/0536d793eeeb85f419c25c681c03e0d9

however it didnt turn up and i canceled the order i was thinking there may be somthing better.

I carry my macbook in my messenger bag however an independant (small) bag would be fine so im kinda looking for somthing thats small light good protection for school and is very portable also i need space for the power adapter, i guess thats as specific as i can be. if anyone has any ideas or needs any more info just ask.

Thanks, InfernoUk

2. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

incase makes some good stuff. I have their sleeve, but they make little bags to, they fit snuggly and have some padding so they are very good for travel.

3. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I have that same STM Alley for my MacBook and it's very good. Thick padded compartment for the laptop, plenty of room in another compartment for the power adapter, mouse etc plus a smaller zipped pocket for DVDs. And there's a few more pockets for odds 'n' sods but doesn't feel too big or bloated when full. Used it to travel around Hong Kong and China for a few months and it feels very comfortable.

Better than any Crumpler or LA Robe I've had with past iBooks/PowerBooks.

4. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

If you're more interested in using your existing bag and protecting your MacBook with a sleeve then I REALLY recommend either a ZeroShock by Shinza or a SleeveCase by Waterfield Designs. I've used both products, as well as others by Acme, InCase, Moshi and many others but those two are the ones that stay in my bag. The both offer great protection without a ton of bells and whistles.

The ZeroShock uses memory foam to protect the notebook and zippers 3/4 of the way around to allow access. It's also got a zippered compartment on the front of the case that fits my portable HD and a few cables. The Waterfield SleeveCase is neoprene, but it's lined on the outside with ballistic nylon and on the inside with microfiber. It fits like a glove and seems to offer great protection. It's got a pocket on the back that holds the stuff above and, if I force it, my power adapter. It's available in two versions, one with a velcro flap to cover the top opening and one without. Let me know if you have any questions about either case, as I'm always happy to provide details for products that work well for me. Good luck in your search! :)

5. InfernoUk thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for all the replys, i guess i am looking for more of a sleave however i need to be able to put my charger in it as im normally using my mac for 6 hours + at a time : / and having it loose in my bad will get it damaged/tangled

6. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I use an STM evolution-s, it's a backpack, but isn't very big, it's made for the MB after all and has space for everything you'd be carrying with you, plus it's well padded, for both you and the computer, has an iPod holder (with slot for wire to go into the bag) and phone holder, and a handy little pull out rain cover incase your going somewhere rainy.

http://www.stmbags.com/small-evolution-specifications.html

7. InfernoUk thread starter macrumors 6502

its a little big for me, it needs ideally to be very similar size and close to tickness of the macbook itself a while ago i was looking at the booq viper (spelling) and i remeber that to be similar to what i wanted however i couldnt find any UK retailers for it :(

8. T-Stex macrumors 6502

That's just what I was going to suggest. I think Booq makes some of the highest-quality bags & sleeves out there, and I've owned a Booq Vyper for each of the Apple laptops I've had. Their designs are a little bit more contemporary, but I love them. Have you contacted Booq directly about shipping to the UK?

As far as the power adapter goes, I'd suggest just getting a smaller sleeve for the laptop itself, and a smaller case for just the power adapter itself. I'd think that any small bag would do. I think that any laptop sleeve with a built-in pocket for the adapter is going to be pretty bulky, and might not fit in your messenger bag.

9. InfernoUk thread starter macrumors 6502

hey i just went out and picked up the STM bag i was origionaly looking at, it was a little more expensive but that dosent really matter, looking at it i may get a very think aditional sleeve for it but other than that it fits my charger and book and notpads exactally so it seems fine. thanks for all the help.

10. hiloart macrumors newbie

11. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there