MacBook 13" display not working

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macdaniel82, Jul 30, 2010.

1. macdaniel82 macrumors newbie

I recently had a cracked screen on my 2006 MacBook. Since I'm out of warranty I decided to try and replace it myself. I swapped out the LCD with a brand new one and now my screen is dim. I thought that maybe the inverter board might be bad, and so swapped that out too, but there is no difference. The screen is very dim (almost completely black), but i can see that it's working. What else can I do about the backlight?

Also, if I hook up the MacBook to a projector it works. So I'm guessing that it's not an issue with the logic board.

Any ideas?

2. glencoe macrumors newbie

glencoe

Screen?

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I have something similar where the screen has pink tinting on a large part and some one suggested a new screen didn't make any difference but works fine on an external monitor which makes me think it may be a cable somewhere or could it be the inverter?

3. cubeeggs macrumors member

Is it possible that you damaged the CCFL tube?

4. glencoe macrumors newbie

glencoe

Screen

I think that it one of two things a damaged LVDS cable or a faulty logic board due to being dropped. Tried this site and they were spot on.
    http://www.powerbookmedic.com
    Sods law or murphy's law as it is called in England would point to it being the logic board.