Macbook 13" highres mod

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by binaryspazz, Jul 12, 2010.

1. binaryspazz macrumors member

So, when I had my macbook pro 15" I remember a forum where people where putting a sony LCD in it, to replace the LG or Samsung original LCD. The reason was because it was 1080p.

I've tried and tried to find any information out there regarding a 13' highres LCD mod for the macbook pro 13". I really want to do this mod. I miss having room to have a lot of windows open. Design is easier...etc. plus it'll be fun.

Or if someone can show me how to get Apple scale factor to work with everything in a non crappy buggy way.. that would work too.

(incase you don't know what I mean)
    terminal
    #defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleDisplayScaleFactor 0.8

any recommendations to help me run way to many things at once on my fab 13" pro?

Thanks guys

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

ya i would love to do this too on my alu. macbook.

is there such thing as 1440x900 13" lcd's lying around?

3. binaryspazz thread starter macrumors member

yes.

but, the hard part is trying to find one that has a similar connector.

Seriously though.. Why does the macbook pro have such crappy resolution!!! I should have just got the macbook.... kinda disappointed.

It's sad the new iPhone4 screen is just about the same resolution.. BTW... has anyone tried making iPad apps on the 13" macbook pro? It's SO degrading making an app that almost fills up your developing computer. LOL

-Eddie

4. binaryspazz thread starter macrumors member

nm... couldn't find one. 13.3 seems to only be made in 1280x800 (16:10) or 1366*768 (16:9)

:rolleyes::mad:

5. johnnyham macrumors regular

Perhaps Apple will start upgrading all their screens to Retina displays :) just imagine.. 2560x1600 resolution on a 13.3" screen... *sigh*

But in the meantime, Lenovo's ThinkPad X300 and X301 both use a 13.3" 1440x900 resolution screen. If the gods of modding so choose, it might be possible to use it on a Macbook. Looking at Lenovo's teardown of the X300, it almost looks identical to the Macbook screen, especially the connector.