MacBook 13'' i5/8GB Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Barso89, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Barso89 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I recently bought a 13'' 2013 macbook (i5/8gb/128) but I noticed a small problem, an aberration graphics, visible in the picture attached, on waking from sleep. it is a fraction of a second, visible but not excessive.
    Is this a common thing?
    Forgive me for my clumsy English
    THANKS

Ps: the photo frame Is an excerpt form a video.

Attached Files:

2. Fifteen20s macrumors regular

I have 2 initial thoughts.

1. If you noticed it then it is enough to be noticeable! Mine does not do that so I do not think it is right and valid enough reason to return it.

2. At first I thought it was an obvious graphic card malfunction, then I read your comment about the picture is a frame of a video. Does ti really happen so fast that you had to capture it on video to see it clearly? If so, I wonder if it is not a firmware issue???

3. Barso89 thread starter macrumors newbie

In reality it is clearly visible to the naked eye, it lasts a few tenths of a second, I took a frame only to show the problem.

4. neteng101 macrumors 65816

5. hockeyfanatic macrumors member

Yes. take it back. It's not just the "double exposure" . The jagged lines in the blue areas are very disturbing. Could be panel, graphics card, or motherboard.

Go for a full exchange, not a repair. If possible.

6. xxnoelziexx macrumors member

Take it back I'm sure you will get a replacement. Just make sure you backup your data before you take it in.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Definitely take it back. That's not normal, and there's no telling if it'll get worse over time.

8. Vincent V macrumors newbie

I've got my Air yesterday i5/8gb/256gb and i just noticed i have the exact same thing. I ran the terminal command to see which display i have and there's a samsung display on this mac. Not too sure if i want to take it back...