Macbook 13 inch white dust collection

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dogboy122, Aug 28, 2012.

1. dogboy122 macrumors member

is it common for this model of macbook to collect dust quickly?, because I am having some issues with my macbook, playing a game for a while (maybe 10 minutes) causes the fps to drop the longer I play, if i close the game i can feel the computer become much cooler, once it cools down i can play the game for a while again, but this seems like overheating. i think it may be overheating because of dust buildup (i can actually see bits of dry grass and stuff in the fan, ugh) the computer is used so i have no idea what got in there :p, so is it worth it to open the laptop and clean the interior? or is it more likely to damage something in the process?.

2. DaKKs macrumors 6502

That does sound like throttling. The CPU gets too hot and slows down in order to cool down. Open it up and clean out the heatsink/fan with a can of compressed air. The 13" MB is ridiculously easy to work with. Compared to other macs, i mean.

3. dogboy122 thread starter macrumors member

FIXED, cleaned up everything inside, there was literally a shag carpet hanging from the top casing/keyboard when i removed it, the heat sink pipe was coated in dirt! ( what the heck were this computer's previous owners thinking?),
    but now everything is fine.:D:):D:):apple:

4. dogboy122 thread starter macrumors member

upon closer inspection, nothing has changed, the issues are still here:mad::(