Macbook 13" (Intel core 2 duo) screen brightness turns to lowest randomly.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by raimanmeet, Mar 17, 2011.

1. raimanmeet macrumors newbie

I am having this strange problem with my macbook. My screen brightness goes to the lowest setting randomly, as in the screen becomes blank. Although I can see the display faintly the screen is almost blank. When the screen goes blank everything else works normally, the brightness indicator is at the place where it should be.

To turn it back on I have to press F1 to take the brightness all the way down and then F2 to take it to the desired level. I took my macbook to the Genius and he asked me to get the inverter board and the cable replaced. I got it done from the apple and paid $ 75 for it. But now the problem is back on.

I found a small fix, i.e. when the brightness level is at one or two (below 50%) the screen works fine but when I take it to anywhere over 50% it goes blank. My macbook is out of warranty and I do not have apple care. I was wondering if someone else had a similar problem or knows where the problem is.

I suspect that the LCD might be creating a problem and needs to be changed but I need to be sure before I spend money on that. If in case the logic board is bad I am ruined.

Any help would be highly appreciated. I just want to fix this problem. I have taken good care of my mac and don't know whw it happened. :confused:

2. Mobius 1 macrumors 6502

turn off the auto brightness thingy, usre it's nice, but it's really annoying

3. raimanmeet thread starter macrumors newbie

Already tried, did not help.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

5. samh1296 macrumors newbie

i have the exact same problem!! It's so annoying!! i need help with it too.
    i really think its some hardware problems because i noticed that if i have brightness up on 2 or higher, and i move my screen a bit, its likely to go black :L