MacBook 13" Mid 2010

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mwhities, Sep 16, 2011.

1. mwhities macrumors 6502a

MacBook (13-inch, Mid 2010)
    2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Dou - 4GB ram DDR3 - All white.

I have a friend that wants to sell this to me. He was originally asking 900.00 for it. There is 1.5 months left on AC and I assume I can buy the extended AC after I buy the Macbook. (He sent me the serial number and I looked it up and shows it's good till Oct31.

What would be a good price for this? I've looked around and it seems lower than everywhere online.. "new".

Also, I can't seem to find (online) the max screen resolution. Anyone have that?

He's asking 650 for the Macbook, Magic Mouse and the hdmi adapter.

Sound like a good deal?

Michael

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

For $650, that's a great deal on a great laptop. I'd go ahead and go for it! You can buy AppleCare for it any time between now and 31 October, although you may want to do it sooner simply so you don't forget ;) The screen resolution on that machine for the internal display is 1280x800, and it can drive an external monitor up to 1920×1200 via DVI, 1600×1200 via VGA, or up to 2560×1600 via dual-link DVI.

Basically, it's a brilliant little laptop for a great price. Go for it!

3. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I've been reading on EveryMac.Com and I HOPE it's the right one. According to the different tests performed on it, it beats out the earlier model Macbook and the same year MBP. It essentially does everything I need, minus the retail space (I love large screens) but, I can fix that with my 22" WS Dell.

When I'm rolling around, the littler screen will be fine. I have a fellow employee that has the same '10 MBP 13" and I played with it, it's NICE!

So, after I sell my Dell tonight, I'll be buying the Macbook. :) My first REAL purchase of an Apple computer.

Thanks.

4. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

So it IS the one on EveryMac.Com. :)

Attached Files:

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

That's actually a great deal $650 for a White Unibody MacBook that has upgraded RAM and a couple accessories. Go for it! :cool:

6. ironheadb31996 macrumors newbie

With the money you saved upgrade the HDD

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I have to say that the deal that you got on the MacBook is a smoking deal. I have a Mid 2010 just like that one. I just upgraded the RAM to 6GB and installed the seagate momentus xt 500GB 7200 rpm hybrid hard drive for 130 bucks at best buy. Let me say it will make a world of difference in the way that MacBook runs. I love how fast it is booting and how much faster the programs are loading. I have fallen in love with my computer all over again. I have had my MacBook for over a year and it was like putting a new lease on life so to speak. You can get the RAM and H-HDD for bout 250 at best buy. It was worth the money that I spent on it. I do have one issue and that is the bat. After installing the new HDD the bat lasts only 4hours now. Its a give and take I guess. Good luck and hope you enjoy your new MacBook

7. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping to get that same drive near the middle of next month. I'll be getting the ram soon since it's so cheaper. This 4Gigs of ram has it running nicely but, I can utilize the 8Gigs more since I run VMWare Fusion.

Thanks for the post and I can't wait to get mine updated.

8. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I just bought a MC516LL/A tonight for my daughter. Really good deal (I think) from Craigslist for $600. Still has original AC on it til May 2012. Came with everything and was in excellent shape. If you look hard enough, you can find great deals on these since they are no longer made and don't have i5/i7 processors in them. But they are still excellent for casual use (web/email/office/light gaming).

9. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree, that's a great deal.

I've found a bunch but, they are recently out of AC so I opted out of trying to buy them. I'll eventually find one again with AC but, until then I continue to look and see about other options.

I wonder if Apple would allow me to renew an AC if it were only out a month or so. Anyone have any experience with this?