Macbook 13" mousepad no longer working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by revolution2008, Oct 16, 2011.

1. revolution2008 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

A few months ago my harddrive went bad and I couldn't use my MB anymore. I bought a new harddrive and everything is fine except now for some reason the mousepad and button no longer work. I've been having to use and external mouse which is a pain.

The weird thing is that there is "some" responsiveness in the mousepad. For example, if I click the mouse button it will act as if pushing and holding the button down for dragging and dropping things. It won't stop doing this until I drag my finger on the mousepad, but the mousepad won't move the cursor.

Is there any way to fix this or will I have to invest in a new Macbook?

Thanks!

2. macrich68 macrumors newbie

macrich68

Hi, click the apple top left corner...click system preferences....click trackpad
    make sure ignore track pad when mouse is present is NOT ticked..:)

[​IMG]

hope this helps you.....:apple:

3. revolution2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

macrich68, unfortunately that didnt fix the problem but I appreciate the help! :D

Checked or unchecked, external mouse hooked in or not, the mousepad simply won't work. But I know it has "some" functionality because when I accidentally hit the mouse button it acts as if I'm trying to highlight something. So I have to move my finger quickly across the mousepad to get it ...unstuck (for lack of a better word).

Any other suggestions?

4. macrich68, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

macrich68 macrumors newbie

macrich68

5. revolution2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I have searched google, but maybe this one slipped by me...
    I'll definitely give this a try!