I want to buy the basemodel Macbook pro 13" But after some research it seems the model is plagued with the firmware 1.7 syndrome. Which may or may not make it beachball all the time. I have a WD Scorpio black in my old blackbook that I want to transfer to the new machine. Because the 160 Gig is just to small for me. The Scorpio works excellent in the Blackbook. Should I just take the plunge or wait to buy a new machine until Apple fixes the problem? Oh yeah, I suppose its not possible to swap the HD's from the machines and reboot without problems right?