Macbook 13" Protective Skin

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by locomodem, Sep 15, 2009.

1. locomodem macrumors newbie

can anyone recommend a protective skin for the 13" white macbook. have looked at Speck products, but folks say it tends to scratch the macbook overtime and dirt buildup. don't want anything that will cause heat issues and prefer the skin to be clear or white if possible.

any help is appreiated.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm.. all of the hard case options suffer from the problem of dirt build-up. I still like the Incase.

3. creon macrumors 6502

Never really liked the hard cases or the silicone ones.

Have you ever thought about going 'naked'?

4. Knoxville3G macrumors member

How about getting an InvisibleShield by ZAGG or BodyGuardz adhesive film applied to your MacBook? No bulky cases, nothing to scratch your Macbook, and it's in its original form factor!!!

5. locomodem thread starter macrumors newbie

what do you mean naked ?

will check the adhesive films out. thanks.

found this link on apple forums. http://www.mcover.net/, they offer top and bottom hard shell skin protection and keyboard cover for a very good price.

6. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

I got a wrapsol skin for my 13" MBP and love it....it's like IS but flat instead of glossy...no finger prints!

7. DKdontKNO macrumors newbie

Phantom Skinz

I got a skin from Phantom Skinz and it works great. Covers my whole MBP 17". Came just in the nick of time too, since i found out I was actually allergic to the metal in my new macbook! I chose it over the Moshi stuff since it looks better and makes the MBP shine like the dickens

8. Maim macrumors member

i got a hard neoprene one for mine, a bit like memory foam. best case ever as it absorbs all the knocks without passing them straight through unlike softer neoprene ones.

9. mcmacmike macrumors member

I'm thinking about buying this too. Do you have any pics of your MBP? I would like to see how precise the cut is.