Macbook 13' White Late 2009 - No Start

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by omri617, Oct 3, 2013.

1. omri617 macrumors newbie

Hi
    Last month was using not-a-genuine charger. And stopped working .
    Ordered this charger :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27125314672...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1759wt_827

Got it , and when plugging to Macbook , green light comes if battery is disconnected , orange if connected (As should) BUTTTTT - Macbook
    DOES NOT power on .

DONE :

1. Reset SMC
    2. Made sure keyboard cable connected (inside Macbook)

What else can I do ? It's been a month I can't work on my Macbook!!
    Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery or charger, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoffs". Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board. Apple has not licensed its MagSafe technology to any other company, so non-Apple adapters are definitely not fully compatible.Check out the link for Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the Battery FAQ.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok , I read it and made sure of everything twice..
    Battery charges , it's in it's 4th point flashing . and still. feels like it does not take the "command" to turn on . Like the button isn't responding!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It could be a hardware problem with the button or the logic board. Take it to Apple and let them diagnose the problem.

5. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyway to test it?
    Also , is there "A best way" to do SMC . PRAM , NVRAM reset ? which one of those should be done to a laptop that does not start?
    Thanks

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For battery, power, or charging issues, you might try resetting the SMC. (PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with these issues. Resetting it will not help.)

7. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah done this few times.. no luck..
    Wasa thinking of maybe continuity check or something between the power button to the pins of the keyboard where they go to the motherboard

8. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hardware wise , How to check if the power on button is functioning?
    Continuity between certain pins on the plug when power pressed?

9. madmacfan macrumors 6502

if you've tried all the suggestions above and still have no luck, then you may have a problem with either the battery or the Dc in board. You can test this by removing the bottom cover of the macbook, remove the battery connector with a tri wing screwdriver and boot the macbook with just the magsafe adapter attached. if it boots, then the battery is at fault. If not, then it could be a problem with the Dc in board and it may need to be replaced. You say that you have checked that the keyboard cable is connected, so another thing you could do is to remove the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard/top case to the logic board and use a flat edged screwdriver to short the pins on the logic boards connector. If it springs into life. then the top case/ keyboard has had it and will need to be replaced.

10. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

About shorting the pins , which ones should i short ?
    Thanks!

11. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

My battery is not a built in one , I need to do this anyway?
    Was thinking about the Pins shorting - Which ones EXACTLY??
    Thanks a lot

12. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok guys a bit of progress

I am actually working from the Laptop.
    As MadMacFan suggested , I jump started the Mac.
    I just by luck chose to touch the bottom 2 left pins , touched with a thin wire (DMM probe actually) and MAC IS ALIVE!!!

I connected the Magic Mouse and Wireless keyboard , Restarted the MAc and still , the original Keyboard does not work .

How can I DETERMINE if it's the keyboard or the pin / the board which is Faulty>
    Thanks

13. Mnowell69 macrumors regular

Mnowell69

Do you have the unibody version? You say your battery is removable but on a unibody model it is 'inside' the case. I know that on the unibody model, near where the battery connects to the logic board, there are 2 solder points labeled R5015 ' pwr_btn' short these points to see if your machine will power up.

14. omri617 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi , It's not a unibody . Macbook 13.3 2009 . battery is removable without any cover / case.
    I just would like to find out if theres a way before I before a new keyboard - that it's really gone.
    Thanks

15. Mnowell69 macrumors regular

Mnowell69

I would have thought you could follow the wires that come from the power on switch to where they connect to the logic board. From there you could gently remove the connector and short the pins with a suitable flat blade screwdriver.

16. ginovantuno macrumors newbie

Macbook doesn't start

Hi everybody!

Mi MacBook A1342 is fault. I have tested various components on the logic board and i found one not responding at my tester. Can anybody please test it for me in a working motherboard? And what kinda component is this? Fuse? Capacitor? Diode?

Attached Files: