macbook 15 base or 13 base + ipad2??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexxk, Mar 2, 2011.

1. alexxk macrumors 6502

Wow, i really liked the new ipad 2 and now im not sure what to do. What would you guys do? I dont play games on a mac all i do is some light imovie editing and i do have a large library in aperture 3. My current macbook pro 13 dual core 2.26, nvidia 9400 2gb memory does not handle aperture 3 at all... will the new mbp 13 base be able to handle? If so I will get the new macbook pro base and ipad 2

Thanks...

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I think a 13" + an iPad is sort of redundant, as both are on the small side. I personally will have a 17" to go with my 11" MBA. Ideally, you'd want a larger "home base" computer to pair with either the iPad or the MBA. Since Aperture is a priority to you, I'd worry about getting a larger MBP before thinking about the ipad 2, which is really more of a toy than anything. My opinion is purely based on screen size, however. If you don't mind having 2 relatively small screens for everything, by all means, go for it. The 13" will handle Aperture just fine, and the ipad 2 can do some pretty decent imovie editing, from what i saw.

3. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

4. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

Really???????????

Did you read the topic?

5. axu539 macrumors 6502a

It depends on what you need more right now. If you need a better computer for now, get a 15" and save up for the ipad later. If you need something mobile to carry around, go buy an ipad 2 and upgrade your computer later. Personally, i'd suggest the former, since you seem to need Aperture.

6. alexxk thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually need both to be honest, that's why I'm not sure what to do here....

I even though on buying an ipad 2 and waiting on a refresh for the iMac, which should happen until June...

Too many possibilities...

7. opera57 macrumors 6502

Probably the base 13" and the iPad 2 if you really want both. The faster i5 processor and 4gb RAM should provide quite a speed increase over the system you have at the moment. I would try and see how aperture runs on it first though! [​IMG]

8. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

The integrated graphics on the new MBP 13" are slightly slower than the old 320m graphics. I went with the high end 15" model but I would recommend at least the base 15" model for you. I like to leave my MBP at home sometimes so I will be getting the iPad 2 to carry with me just for light browsing. I would recommend that combo for you as well. If you cant afford both now then maybe buy a clearance iPad 1 as they are VERY cheap right now.