Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quad 2.5 G5 =)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Alright. So I posted earlier about what to get in replacement for my "dead" 17" MacBook Pro.

Long story short..took it to the Apple Store yesterday...they plugged some drive into it....and it lit up and decided to start working.

I don't feel comfortable still using it, and need a replacement. I'd like to sell it, but I'm not sure about how much I can get for it. It's a bit dinged up, so it's not perfect, and it functions as any 4 year old laptop should, other than the Firewire ports being dead.

Given the condition of it, I don't want to sell it for what others are going for, which is around $750-800, because I don't want to rip off whoever gets it...but I don't feel selling it for parts is appropriate (because it still works) which I think I'd get around $500-ish.

What is the appropriate price to sell it for, if I sold it "as-is", no warranty implied, and no returns?

twiggy0

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
You could definitely get $500 on craigslist. Just post it for $600, make sure you include pictures and an easy way for people to contact you, and let craigslist do the rest. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.