Macbook 17" without battery doesnt turn on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noxyn, Aug 3, 2011.

1. noxyn, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

noxyn macrumors newbie

Hey! I read a few threads, and I read everywhere, that my MBP will work without a battery, but I was told by Apple, that it wont turn on without a battery at all. Actually it doesnt, so just wanted to be sure, that anyone else had the same, and their MBP doesnt work with a battery either, and its not mine, thats not cool. I dont have a battery at the moment, so cant check it with it on. I have a 2008 A1261 MBP.

2. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

I had a 15" 2008,the 15" version to your 17" and would take out the battery and it would run fine on wall power.Hope that helped

3. noxyn thread starter macrumors newbie

and were you able to turn it on if the battery was not on? i was wondering if they have an internal battery, so as the green light comes up on the charger does it have any point to leave it like it for a while, hoping that it will charge an internal battery, with that i will be able to turn it on even without the main battery? or is it stupid?:) :p

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Macbook pros with removable batteries can all run on AC with the battery out, though Apple doesn't recommend it, and you cut your computer's power nearly in half.

5. iamBATMAN macrumors newbie

All Macbook Pros with OR WITHOUT customer removable batteries are designed to be able to function with just the power adapter plugged in and the battery removed. The same goes for the Macbooks & Macbook Airs.

6. noxyn thread starter macrumors newbie

well this is how I knew it myself as well, but mine doesn't work at all, and apple said its fine, it shouldn't work. i still have applecare, im gonna bring it in until I dont have a battery for it, so at least they can check if its ok or not. The whole thing is about the fact, that I need to wait for an ebay auction, as im not paying 101 GBP for a battery from the mac store..

7. noxyn thread starter macrumors newbie

is it possible, that it doesnt turn on, because I have an aftermarket non-original adapter for it? It works well and charges any macbooks, was only wondering, that maybe its just not enough to power up my mac when its without a battery..

8. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

Once it''s plugged in THE SKIES THE LIMIT!