Macbook 2.0 GHz Vs Macbook 2.4GHz

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AppleXMacbook, Nov 29, 2008.

1. AppleXMacbook macrumors newbie

:apple:ok i need help i cant finger out witch macbook to get ill need it to make youtube videos and download music and play world of warcraft:apple:
    :apple:Please Help:apple:

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

3. StuBeck macrumors 6502

Either will work. Biggest issue for you is the video card, but it should be fine.

4. AppleXMacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Do you really need those extra 400MHz?
    I suppose having the bigger hard drive would be a plus but you can upgrade that, although you can't upgrade the processor.
    Hell, if you have the money go for the 2.4GHz.

Oh btw, there are probably already 409174+ threads on this topic, some with almost the same exact title.

6. Beanlok macrumors regular

Beanlok

with the 2.4 the gpus are identical to the 2.0 model the only real difference is hdd space oh and you get a backlit keyboard if that matters to you. I recommend the 2.0

7. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

As a college student, I did a lot of research on the Macbooks, and waited for almost a year to get the new 2.4 Macbook.

I had decided on the 2.0 at first to save my parents $250. However, my awesome parents convinced me that the backlit keyboard would help a lot when I have to study in the dark library, during lectures, and when my roommate wants to sleep and I still have work to do.

Also, down the road, the extra 400 MHz might make a difference as I have to make this laptop last for 5 years. So for a long term investment, the 2.4 Macbook might be the best bet.