Macbook 2.0 Unibody Sleep Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by The Samurai, Apr 14, 2009.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Over the past two days, i've encountered something quite serious (IMO) with my Macbook.

Basically, when I put the Macbook on sleep and then come back (lets say an hour later) - the Macbook's screen won't turn on although the fans are quite noticeably high (as in the sound is loud).

I've tried pressing almost every button on my keyboard, yet no luck. I have to power the whole system down (by holding down the on/off switch).

Any ideas as to what is happening?

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed previously.

2. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Nop, I haven't touched the internal hardware - its the standard config which came when I bought the machine from Apple.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

4. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Cheers mate, will give it a shot.

Very unusual though, never had this problem for the 7 months i've had this machine - until now.

5. o2xygen macrumors regular

Mines done it before, i just turned up the brightness and it worked. Hope its as simple as that for you

6. Beanlok macrumors regular

Beanlok

o2xygen beat me two it but I was also going to say turn your brightness up since you've said you pushed all your buttons then (including screen brightness adjust) and it does this again check the sleep indicator light if its off the macbook is def not asleep. Sometimes weird things cause the alubooks to stay sleeping even after being opened. In these cases its best to press the power button 1 time to wake the machine. Otherwise PRAM and SMU resets may be necessary last but not least, call apple.

7. sosaysiburke macrumors member

sosaysiburke

mine seems to have a slight problem waking when a monitor is atached where it is a little unresponsive to waking takes a few seconds but a few button mashes and its ready to go