Macbook 2,1 Jumbled Sound

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ylweyez, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Ylweyez macrumors newbie

This has been going on for a while, and I am just deciding to post it now before I decide to do any fixes I want to do.

When I watch videos on youtube, hulu, whatever, after a few minutes, or seconds, it varies, the audio and video start to skip. Sometimes it corrects itself, but other times the audio turns to a jumbled mess, and inaudible mess. In order to fix it, I have usually have to restart my browser, Chrome (also does it in Safari and Firefox). Sometimes I get a kernel panic and have to reset my computer. What is the problem? A friend I know, who I don't trust a lot, says its a harddrive issue. Can I fix this?

- I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, thinking that would fix it, nothing.

Maybe related: My fan gets very loud during these times too. It spins fast, but lately it has been a very loud sound too. I was going to replace it, but I want to make sure it's not a useless fix.

the kernel panics, I don't have the exact numbers, but I know it is usually "CPU failed to respond to interrupt request" or osmething along those lines; if needed I will force it to do it (which isn't too hard) and post it.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    Harddrive: 120 GB stock

purchased late 2007

2. Ylweyez thread starter macrumors newbie

3. codman1004 macrumors member

Umm I'm not a expert but I doubt that its the hard drive. I think the motherboard is the problem. I had kernal panics about a year ago on my i book. Called apple and they told me to take it in. I didn't. I would take it to apple and specify that you want a diagnosic check done. Tell them your issue before you go out and tear open your laptop.