Macbook 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo HD died, Replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Surfing@Blacks, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

I am wondering what type of HD I could install to replacement my old one. Which HD would benefit this machine the most.

Thanks

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you want to see the biggest improvement go with a 2.5" SSD. If you don't want to spend that much money, then go with a 7200RPM hardrive.

3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Not sure, I know you can put up to 640GB 5200RPM HD in a macbook. You should try TechRestore. They sell HD and I think they put them in for you too. You can also go to NewEgg and look at HD's there, I heard Western Digital HDs were good. They sell HD's for lower prices too.

Hope this helps :)

4. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

You can consider either the Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive, which should be faster than a regular HD for your most common tasks, or go with an 2.5" SSD for the best performance possible, but at a premium price and more limited space.

5. Surfing@Blacks thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! I am going to check out all your suggestions and if I have any more questions I will let you know!

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Actually the biggest you can do is a 750GB drive, and I think those are mostly 5400 RPM. If you don't need one that big, I would go 320GB or 500GB 7200 RPM

7. Surfing@Blacks thread starter macrumors regular

I went ahead and bought the Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive, Should get it tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks again for all your advice.