Macbook 2.1Ghz vs. 2.0Ghz questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by indigomylar, May 11, 2008.

1. indigomylar macrumors newbie

I've got a 2Ghz macbook that I'm not very happy with. I'm rather curious about the new Penryn macbooks in regards to a couple areas. I'm less than pleased with my keyboard and with the heat that this thing puts out. It is my understanding that the new MB's use less power. I searched for a review that would show how much less or how warm they got. I wasn't able to find anything. My keyboard has a jangly rattle when I use it. The keyboard just feels really cheap. I got rid of an ibook g4 to get the macbook. I think the ibook had a more tactile feel to the keys and seemed to have more 'spring'. Has anyone had any first hand experience with these two machines side by side? I'd love to hear any first hand comparisons. Thanks.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I have a Penryn MB and it gets mighty hot compared to my iBook. I get up to about 148 degrees F and settle around 130 degrees F.

3. Remoth macrumors newbie

well I recently bought a MacBook 2.0ghz and I am happy with it. I would like to have a longer battery life but its not bad. Its got lots of power and Is fast. I wouldnt waste the extra money on .1 ghz. I prefer to use it over my quad xeon pc.