MacBook 2.2Ghz - Buy or Wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Samurai, Dec 29, 2007.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Hi

My first post and soon to be first MAC system :D

I am going for the Macbook 2.2ghz model as it is suited best to me. Theres a lot of speculation that the notebooks are getting updated on MacWorld 08... could someone please clarify where these updates are only affecting Macbook Pro's or Macbooks or equally both?

I would hate to buy one now and then 2 weeks down the line, a new range is out for the same price - or near abouts.

Cheers

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Theres a big possiblity that it could be either one or both updated. We are so close to macworld though, it would probably be best to wait until after steve's keynote.

3. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

True... but its going to be the longest wait lol... thanks for the quick reply.

4. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I think that we will see Macbook Pro and Mac Pro updates at Macworld. I highly doubt we will see Macbook, iMac, or Mac Mini updates at Macworld.

5. peejack macrumors 6502a

That is one kick arse system already though, you will wait 2 weeks for maybe another speed update??

End of the day it's up to you just dont keep waiting forever otherwise you will never buy anything.

6. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

That would be nice since I am returning my Black MacBook for a MBP but I dont want to spend more than the base line model of $1,999. Again, like he said^ before, I'd hate to buy one then find out that they have one thats faster and better graphics card for the same price. So my question is, do you think the new upgrade to the MBP will not cost me more money? And if so, how much do you think?

7. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

I'm going to run over your dog for making this thread.

8. heatmiser macrumors 68020

And what's he going to do in 6 months when the next MBP update rolls around? No matter what, you're never going to have "the newest stuff" for more than a couple of months. There's never going to be a point where technology stands still, and you can finally begin to use your gear without fear of it becoming obsolete. You've either got to accept that, or never buy a computer, as that's the way things are in the field.

9. barijazz macrumors 6502

macworld expo jan 14-18

Wait because Apple could release something new at macworld this year and you won't want to get a computer 2 weeks before it goes obsolete.

10. BIK macrumors member

BIK

The key to any purchase is knowing what you want and getting it.

I just purchased a blackbook a few days ago, and 2.2ghz is great (I made the jump from an iBook g4).

I needed a proc bump because i was topping it out running so many apps at once. I also wanted the portability of a 13 inch screen as opposed to the 15+ MBP.

I also wanted to spend at most 1500 (thank you student discount) and the blackbook fit the bill in every department.

Following the rumors, I would not be interested in a sub notebook/ ultra portable.

I anticipate a MBP upgrage at macworld, but the macbooks just got the santa rosa upgrade in November, so 2 months wouldnt really be enough time to refresh, I would bet june would be closer.

So basically, if you know you want a portable mac notebook at a great price, the MB is a great buy right now

11. Hmac macrumors 68020

Wow.

MR forum members sure are expecting a lot of new stuff at MWSF...new Macbook line, new Macbook Pro line, new MacBook ultra-portable, new Mac Pro line, new Apple Cinema Display line, new Mac Mini, Leopard 10.5.2, 32 gig iPods/iPhones....

MWSF 2008 will be a busy expo. Or, if not, there will be a lot of hysteria on these forums for quite awhile afterward.

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

It always is... Think back to WWDC07.