Macbook 2.4 screen and battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by b-e.n, Jun 9, 2009.

1. b-e.n macrumors newbie

Ok i got a 2.4ghz macbook about a month or so ago (very end april, around the 25th). the truth is, i dont really care about the updates, i think people are just pissed because they don't have the "pro" label on their macbooks and mbp users are pissed because they're not part of a "2k or more laptop elite" anymore (this applies to a LOT of people imo).
    although the updates do seem insignificant to me, there are some questions i have regarding my unibody macbook:
    -the screen
    -the battery

the screen: i actually don't really care about the screen, i just think i got one of the "more pro-like" screens on my unibody macbook (bought it around april 25th).
    here's a picture, notice the blacks (can anyone confirm or comment?):
    [​IMG]

the battery: a long lasting battery is very important for me (i'll be using my macbook 4+ hours next year, i can charge during the day but it is very annoying). is there any way i can get the 7+ hours battery on my macbook?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I hate you so bad for having that screen...

ugh.

3. b-e.n thread starter macrumors newbie

does this mean i have an even better collector's edition? lol :cool:
    any idea on the battery?

4. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

...had to fix your post! :)

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

To get the 7 hours, you'd have to have the screen down to 50%, no CPU intensive websites, no heavy downloading and just doing basic tasks. I can regularly get 3.5-4hrs out of the rated 5 on my UMB.

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I was just thinking about that today... I almost NEVER see 5 hours when Im actually doing something...
    Sure i can turn the brightness down all the way and just let the computer sit there and get 5 hours but thats not to useful..

7. JHatch macrumors newbie

JHatch

By Thor! That screen is fantastic. I am so so jealous. I have (soon had) a CE Macbook... and my blacks are garbage.

8. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

no my january 2009 collectors edition is just as good as your april 2009 collectors edition. you just have a better screen.

9. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

i also have very crappy blacks