Macbook 2.4 Windows XP Compatibility Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LbSigman, Jun 4, 2009.

1. LbSigman macrumors member

First time posting here and for the past month or so I've been contemplating dipping into the Apple pool for the first time. I currently have a 5 year old IBM T42 which has been very very good to me but has been slowing down so I think it's time for me to get something new. I've been shopping around and I'm really not happy with what is currently being offered in the PC world, especially with Vista....barf. I'm currently a student and I see many students with Macs but I just want to know if I were to install XP, that all of the drivers and features of the Macbook will be available for me to utilize on the XP side using bootcamp:confused:. I wouldn't necessarily use the Macbook as an XP machine (just recently got a MSI wind for that), I just want the capability of using it if need be. I keep asking around at stores such as my school's computer store, but I never take people like that literally...I was once in retail sales and I know what they are trying to do. So, if someone can help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes it will be fully able to run Windows XP, Apple provides drivers for that.
    But as far as I know, you can't use the multitouch features of the trackpad under Windows, but I might be wrong.

So don't worry, Windows will run like Windows on a MacBook.

3. LbSigman thread starter macrumors member

Oh the simple things, but how would one "right click" using a Macbook in XP?

4. LbSigman thread starter macrumors member