MacBook (2006) chipped

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Philberttheduck, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

I have a 2006 MacBook and it recently just chipped on the bottom right that everyone else's macbook had. Do you think I can set an appointment with the Genius Bar and get it fixed for free still (been 4 years.. but its annoying and people who didn't have Apple Care get it fixed it before)

2. Messy macrumors 6502

My MacBook is 51 months old, 4.25 years old, and got repaired for the cracking issue that many reported. Had a good chat with the guys there, and they explained it was only for the palm rest bit etc they were covering, not other parts ie the outer casing.

3. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I scheduled mines today, same issue with the cracked case. It's the 1.83 ghz Macbook not sure if that's 2006 or 2007

4. Messy macrumors 6502

Same as mine, they're 2006.

From what i was told, they arent actually supposed to be doing the 2006 ones, only 2007 onwards or within 3 years.

5. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

just went to my appointment they wanted to charge $139.00 for it, but the genius left and came back saying they can replace it for free. They just have to order in the parts and give me a call. I didn't get any receipt or note saying it's free, do you think they will charge me when i bring it in to get it repaired?

6. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

chances are that if one genius came out saying it's free, he probably got told that from other geniuses in the back. so those other geniuses would (hopefully) be aware of the free replacement. did you at least ask for his name?

7. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I got his name, they have not called me back about the parts yet. How long does it usually take for them to order in the parts? I might stop by today to check.