Macbook (2007 model) 10.5 OSX via Flash Drive STUCK..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rkys2k, Oct 10, 2010.

1. rkys2k macrumors newbie

ok so first off this is my first time using this forum, so I apologize in advance if I have posted in the wrong section.

I have a 2007 model Macbook (NON PRO) 13 inch that came with Leopard 10.5 disc 1 and disc 2.

**I am doing this via USB FLASH DRIVE because my cd drive is broken and will not read discs.

I tried to install leopard 10.5 disc 1 through my sandisk flash drive 16gb. it all went through ok with the installation process but then it asked me for disc 2. Unforunately I do not have disc 2 I lost it. I need to know is there a way to bypass/skip disc 2 step so that I can complete the installation.

***after I was stuck I did try to install SNOW LEOPARD 10.6 that my brother had on the flash drive and it worked but now its stuck on a gray screen and I read somewhere that it wont reboot properly because the first installation 10.5 was not completed with disc 2 since I do not have it.

at this point i do not know what to do. I dont know if I need to do 10.5 disc 1 again and then erase the flash drive then partition disc 2 on the flash drive then load the flash drive once it asks me to insert disc 2? I dont know the process of how to load the flash drive after that since it is not the disc...any suggestions?

**could I use my brother's macbook pro disc 2 and partition that to the flash drive and load it up when the "insert disc 2 screen pops up somehow" ? just an idea - really need my laptop so any suggestions would help at this point....

any help is appreciated i need my macbook back so bad. please help!

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

You can't skip disc 2 because there is necessary information on disc 2. You can't complete the installation by skipping disc 2 because it's not complete without disc 2.

Just use the Snow Leopard disc. Before installing, open Disk Utility from the menu and erase the internal drive. Proceed to install Snow Leopard from there.

3. rkys2k thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thanks a lot man! that totally worked! now my mac works like new! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D