MacBook 2008 value?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wackohh, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Wackohh macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me value my Macbook. I'm planning on upgrading to a 13' Air or a retina pro now that the BTS is available and education pricing as well.

My mum who only has an iPad has said that she's in the need for a laptop, though she doesn't really need a mac with the usage it will get with her - but she's said she'll pay me for it and considering my new air would be either £884 or £1039 then I'll need all the help I can get.

It's a late 2008 aluminium Macbook 2ghz core 2 duo with 4gb ram, 160gb HDD and Geforce 9400m.

Running the latest mountain lion, and I'd be setting it all up for her - wiping the hard drive and probably reinstalling OSX to make it run completely smoothly.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers people!

2. L19L91L macrumors newbie

I just bought a used one online that was pretty beat up for about $400 with shipping. The sound was kinda wonky too. People just seem to go up from there. Can't believe how much they still are considering their age.

3. Wackohh thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I was hoping for around £500 ish as its not beaten up that much and sound and everything is fine.. would mean that I have to pay another 450 ish for an upgraded air with education on top

4. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I took pity on a college student who needed the money and picked mine up (the exact model you have) for 600$ CDN which I the upgraded. I feel as though with 8GB of Corsair ram with an SSD, second HDD and the latest software I might be able to get 700$ out of it right now, but that is just my location, there may be no 'market' for it in your area.