macbook 2009 no power

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by karaz, Sep 2, 2016.

1. karaz macrumors newbie

karaz

Hi all,

My macbook 2009 suddenly will not turn on one day.
    -no response at all when pressing power button.
    -plug in power adapter to magsafe does not show any light (no green / yellow)

I went to apple store and they told me they don't have parts for this and cannot fix it for me. They suggested its the issue with magsafe dc-in board since they tried with a new power adapter and still there is no led.

So I did bought a new magsafe dc-in board from 3rd party, changed it, but still dead. Tried smc reset didnt help. What should i look into next? Would it be just dead battery or something else?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Which model 2009 MacBook - aluminium Unibody, white Unibody or older style A1181 with a removeable battery on the bottom ?

Should work fine even if no battery in it and the most likely problem is the Magsafe board (but you have changed that)

Chances are that it is a logicboard problem - presumably the MacBook was charging fine before this happened

3. karaz thread starter macrumors newbie

karaz

its white Unibody with the battery non-removable.

I tried remove battery still no signs of led on magsafe.

just wondering whats the percentage of logicboard problem. I dont want to spend $70 + dollar and still dead =( like what happen with magsafe board.

thanks.

4. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Are you sure the charger is good? I've had issues with mine in the past. Another thing is to check the MagSafe port for any sort of debris, I had a piece of pencil lead in mine which prevented it from charging

5. karaz thread starter macrumors newbie

karaz

Yes its all clean.

Also, I just tested the charger on my friends macbook and its bright green charging.
    Now whats interesting is when i use his charger I now see a faint dim green on mine, but still wont start.

Is this certain a logic board issue? thanks.

6. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34

7. karaz thread starter macrumors newbie

karaz

8. Willo34 macrumors regular

Willo34