Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Hi all,

My macbook 2009 suddenly will not turn on one day.
-no response at all when pressing power button.
-plug in power adapter to magsafe does not show any light (no green / yellow)

I went to apple store and they told me they don't have parts for this and cannot fix it for me. They suggested its the issue with magsafe dc-in board since they tried with a new power adapter and still there is no led.

So I did bought a new magsafe dc-in board from 3rd party, changed it, but still dead. Tried smc reset didnt help. What should i look into next? Would it be just dead battery or something else?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Which model 2009 MacBook - aluminium Unibody, white Unibody or older style A1181 with a removeable battery on the bottom ?

Should work fine even if no battery in it and the most likely problem is the Magsafe board (but you have changed that)

Chances are that it is a logicboard problem - presumably the MacBook was charging fine before this happened

karaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
its white Unibody with the battery non-removable.

I tried remove battery still no signs of led on magsafe.

just wondering whats the percentage of logicboard problem. I dont want to spend $70 + dollar and still dead =( like what happen with magsafe board.

thanks.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Are you sure the charger is good? I've had issues with mine in the past. Another thing is to check the MagSafe port for any sort of debris, I had a piece of pencil lead in mine which prevented it from charging

karaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Yes its all clean.

Also, I just tested the charger on my friends macbook and its bright green charging.
Now whats interesting is when i use his charger I now see a faint dim green on mine, but still wont start.

Is this certain a logic board issue? thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.