Hello and thanks for taking the time to help me out. I have a Macbook, late 2009 model. 2.26 ghz, 8GB ram. Recently my battery was in critical stage and I had been using a power adapter from apple to keep it running. One day the charger I was using would only show a dim green light and stopped charging. This charger was a higher wattage than the one that was made for my computer but I read that it would still be safe to use, it also continued to work on my roommates computer but even still, I decided to purchase a new one. The new one I bought was made for my computer, so it had the correct wattage, and when I received it and plugged it in, my laptop powered up and I was able to use it throughout the night. When I went to sleep I put it into sleep mode, yet when I awoke the next morning, the charger light was off and the laptop would not turn on. When I plugged the charger into my other roommates computer (Same model as mine) the light immediately went on and started charging his battery, so I surmised that it wasn't the charger that was having an issue, maybe it was my battery. I went on eBay and purchased a new battery (new, but old, as its a 2009 laptop) and installed it into my laptop. This did nothing for my issue. The only change was that when I would plug in the charger I had recently bought, the light wouldn't come on at first though after an hour, it would turn on and stay on, bright green, yet I was still unable to turn on my computer. Once I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in, the light would stay off for another hour, than come back on and do nothing. I took out my HD because I needed the information on it and installed it into an external enclosure and was able to pull out my files and put them onto another external, just as a precaution. To summarize: I am not really sure what the issue is. At first it seemed like the battery since that was in critical condition. Then it seemed to be the chargers. I have replaced both battery and charger and still nothing. I also don't understand why my computer worked for one night and then stopped entirely. Any help would be appreciated! Also, the computer hasn't suffered any falls or water damage.