macbook 2010 questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gimmeiphone, Oct 17, 2010.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

i have been looking to buy a previous gen macbook pro 13" (either 2.26 or 2.4) on ebay, but realised that for around the same price or cheaper i could get the 2010 white macbook new with my student discount. What i need to know is, what exactly am i losing out on? all i can think of is sd card slot and backlit keyboard and up to 8gb ram (which id never need)? oh and i was wanting to know if the the new macbook supports audio through the mdp as i want to use to to watch hd films on my plasma if possible?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

MacBook can take 8GB of RAM too. You would also lose FireWire 800 port. Yes, 2010 MacBook supports audio over MDP

3. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

oh cool :p dont have any firewire stuff so wouldnt be important, looks like macbook it is :) thanks

4. JacaByte macrumors 6502

You'll also be missing out on FW800 as well. ;)

The only laptops that Apple currently offer that support audio over HDMI are the 2010 Macbook Pros. I don't know if the MacBook supports it or not.

5. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

oh right :s i hoped it would support the audio as its about £50 more to get a cable if it doesnt

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

7. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

was just about to post that link lol yeah so thats one thing sorted, plus i think il still get the 3 year guarantee through education discount for free, did with my imac at least