MacBook 2012 13 wakes up on power cord (dis)connect

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vladster, Nov 29, 2012.

1. vladster macrumors member

I have changed the sleep mode to hibernate - i.e. - RAM is written to the disk and the computer completely powers off after hibernation. When I turn it on it is restoring RAM from hard drive. This mode is very convenient for my needs.

But one very annoying problem - whenever I disconnect (or connect) the power cord it wakes up. Has anybody had this issue, and is there a way to eliminate it?
    It wasn't always like this. I suspect after one of the MAC OS updates it started happening.

2. kissmygrass macrumors newbie

3. vladster, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

vladster thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, interesting, but those topic starters are with slightly different concerns - they want to change the sleep mode etc...

I'm trying to fix one issue - prevent wake-up on Ac on\off.

EDIT:
    acwake is (and was) set to 0.

after I tried this:
    pmset -a autopoweroff 0

The problem is gone. I close the lid, the Mac hibernates. I can (un)plug power adapter and this does not cause laptop to wake up. The only (extremely minor) trade off - it does not wake when I open the lid. I have to press power button after that.

4. kissmygrass macrumors newbie

Could you please post your current pmset settings?

5. vladster thread starter macrumors member

I don't have access to my MBP right now, but here's the actual things that I did. First, I followed the advice from here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2386722?start=15&tstart=0

and went into /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the intention to delete com.apple.PowerManagement.plist and com.apple.AutoWake.plist as root.

I only found there the first one and renamed one into something else just in case. The file was recreated by OS, it was smaller than the original one though. This causes to reset all power saving settings to the very original ones, i.e. - If you'd go into settings/energy savings you'd see all your settings lost and reverted to ones you'd see after OS install. I.e. - it doesn't matter what your current pmset settings are, they'll be reset.

I rebooted. After that I set MAC to hibernate instead of sleep. Closed the lid. Let it finish. Disconnected the cable to verify -the problem is still there. The laptop wakes up. Then:

pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Closed the lid. The laptop hibernates. Connect\disconnect power adapter. Computer does not wake up. Open the lid - does not wake up. I press the power button - laptop wakes up from hibernate. No big deal to press the button for me.

Success.