macbook 2012 ram requirement?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gochi, Jul 5, 2013.

1. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Thats ECC Workstation RAM. Its double the width of the one you need.

You need to look for 1600MHz 204 pin DDR3 RAM
    example: http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Singl...BF160B/dp/B006YG8X9Y/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

from a customer review: "I just installed a pair of this memory in my mid-2012 Apple MacBook Pro 15" Non-Retina. It fit exactly like the original memory. I have read conflicting reports that this laptop calls for 1.35 or 1.5 Volt memory, but this memory can run at 1.35 and 1.5 volts. 1.5 volt memory has proven to work in many of these laptops, but it is possible that running the wrong voltage memory could cause issues now or in the future. Because of that, I decided to go with dual voltage memory.

Changing the memory was simple. I removed the screws from the bottom of the laptop, popped the cover off, popped the memory out, and popped these chips in. It took less than 10 minutes. Now I can run Windows 7 on Parallel with 8 Gb of memory for Windows and 8 for MacOS. Performance is much improved with 16 Gb and everything is snappier."

I installed a 1x 8GB crucial stick into my 2012 15" 2.6GHz in combination with a standard 2GB for 10GB. Works perfectly