Macbook 2016 2560 x 1440 issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Frizers, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Frizers, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

Frizers macrumors regular

Hi

I finally got hold of a 27" 2560 x 1440 Acer monitor with USB-C. It is great except for the fact that it will not display the screen edge-to-edge, whether or not the macbook is closed. Does anyone know why this is? (there is no slider in system settings to expand the screen size to fill the screen for some reason).

It's a little difficult to see but the line around the edge is most visible at the bottom of the attached photo.

Another issue also seems to be that the screen goes blank and then reappears (without input indicators on the screen appearing) for a few seconds at random times.

Any advice would be appreciated, as always!

Attached Files:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What model Acer display do you have?
    Is it physically capable of full edge-to-edge (no border)?
    Be sure to verify what you believe the screen borders should be in real use.
    Don't rely on what you see in advertising pix.

What connection are you using for video input to the display? (HDMI, or DisplayPort)
    If you are using HDMI, you will want to try the DisplayPort.

3. Frizers thread starter macrumors regular

There is no option for under scan.

The model I have is the 27" version of this with USB-C: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/h7

The actual screen is capable yes, and I believe the macbook is too. It is using USB-C for video input (the reason I chose this display).

Thanks!

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If you connect using DisplayPort, or HDMI, instead of the USB-C port, do you get edge-to-edge display? You may need to take your display somewhere where you can connect to some other computer.

If not edge-to-edge - using other video inputs, then either the display can't do it, or it is faulty.

5. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I had the same monitor via USB-C, although it displayed edge-to-edge, but the display went blank randomly, so I returned it.

6. Frizers thread starter macrumors regular

So I spoke to an apple engineer yesterday after I accidentally realised the display worked via Windows 10 in bootcamp. And reset fixed the blank screen issue and then Booting into safe mode fixed the issue!