Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2017
Just got the new 15'' MacBook with a 2,7 processor and 455 graphic card. It's running Logic Pro X extremely slow. The lag is unbearable and it starts to crap out when I'm only 10 channels deep in to a project, final product usually ends up at 60+ channels. Logic uses 120% of the processor power to run only two plug-ins at the same time (NI Battery and stock Multimeter). Meanwhile, my 5 year old iMac is running logic smooth as butter. Am I missing something here?

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
same for me, only running one instrument plugin maxes out the CPU and give crackles.. and when i have my professional apogee thunderbolt soundcard connected to the computer and try to restart or shutdown i get kernel panics. And also frequent coreaudio crashes. Good job apple at making the crappiest computer of the year

Reactions: danrell

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I think the problem may lie in Logic Pro X. I've been running deep projects in Audition CC without any lag at all. I have the identical machine - 2.7GHz 15" with the 455.

Boneheadxan

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
This is strange. Logic X & Ableton are working flawlessly on mine. 2.9 15"MBP with 460. I've been running Diva, Serum etc. effortlessly. I've run it on stock audio and via an RME interface. No audio related crashes yet. Hope you guys get it sorted.

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
This is strange. Logic X & Ableton are working flawlessly on mine. 2.9 15"MBP with 460. I've been running Diva, Serum etc. effortlessly. I've run it on stock audio and via an RME interface. No audio related crashes yet. Hope you guys get it sorted.

How high does the cpu meter go in diva on the more demanding pad like patches?

danrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2017
same for me, only running one instrument plugin maxes out the CPU and give crackles.. and when i have my professional apogee thunderbolt soundcard connected to the computer and try to restart or shutdown i get kernel panics. And also frequent coreaudio crashes. Good job apple at making the crappiest computer of the year
What specs do you have on your MBP?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.