MacBook 2016 slower than 2015 in real world? (both M3 1.1)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hooldus, Jun 23, 2016.

1. hooldus macrumors member

I’m a little bit concerned about the performance of the new MacBook 2016 compared to the „older“ 2015 model.

Are there any real performance improvements, like better/smoother pdf scrolling in safari or in full-screen mode, smoother transitions or scrolling in safari etc? Maybe at least due to the upgraded GPU?

In one review it is even written, that everyday performance of the new MacBook 2016 is even slower:
    “Due to the lower single-core performance, the Skylake m3 is even slower than its predecessor in several benchmarks (and in everyday tasks).” http://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-12-Early-2016-1-1-GHz-Review.164797.0.html

This would explain to me, why the starting up speed is clearly faster on the older MacBook 2015 in this video (0:24):

2. chscag macrumors 68000

According to the article that Macworld did in their June 2016 feature, everything about the 2016 model tops the 2015 model. Check out page 82 thru 86 which also includes Geek Bench scores. Macworld Mag is digital only nowadays so you'll either need to download a copy or access it on their web site.

3. TillysWily macrumors regular

iv had both years in the 1.2 model and i can tell you EVERYTHING on the 2016 is faster. Now I'm not saying you can load Call of Duty and play it but what Iv noticed most is NO dropped frames and everything opens faster.

4. ajpuciat macrumors member

5. hooldus thread starter macrumors member

Rosegold on the left can be only the latest version :)

6. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I friend just recently upgraded from a late 2011 15" classic to a 2016 retina macbook and couldn't be happier.

7. hooldus thread starter macrumors member

8. monstruo macrumors regular

monstruo

I guess most of us really forgotten the days where computer took time to load up. Do we have to nit pick the startup time to its seconds? It's second for goodness sake. That aside, MB is one of the most portable machine one can buy with money where it serves well for most of the user* – at least, what Tim presumed.