macbook 2016 white light on the screen ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by niba10, Aug 21, 2018.

1. niba10, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018

niba10 macrumors newbie

[​IMG][​IMG]

how I should fix it only appears on black backgrounds ?
    It happed when my mac fall on the side and slightly bent on the right down corner where is the light from.

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

3. niba10 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

It’s hard to tell exactly off photos, but that looks like some heavy light bleed. If it is as bad as it looks in the photos I’d have it checked out at the nearest Apple store. But that’s just my opinion.

EDIT: I just realized that you said you dropped the laptop. If it has been dropped and you don’t have AppleCare +, be prepared for them to say that they will want to replace the monitor and that will cost a lot, $600+.

If you AppleCare + I think it’s a $200 deductible for accidental damage repairs, although someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

5. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

It's hard to tell exactly what's wrong but it is not something that can be fixed without replacing the LCD. Since replacing only the LCD is a difficult task, replacing the entire screen (LCD, housing, cables, etc.) would be simpler but much more expensive.

6. niba10 thread starter macrumors newbie

damn it...
    but the funny part that it only shows on very specific black screen..
    so I think I will leave it as is..

7. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

If it only appears on dark/black images, don't think it would be backlight bleed. Instead, it's probably a group of pixels stuck at a particular colour and/or brightness.

8. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

Well it will depend on how much you stare at a black screen and how much you can tolerate it. For me I hardly ever have a solid black screen (except when editing photos), so I would probably let it slide.

But if you use a black screen a lot, or watch media full screen with black borders (like watching widescreen movies), and it bugs you, then you can try taking it in and seeing if a replacement fixes it.

9. dienos macrumors newbie

dienos