Macbook 256/1.3 or 512/1.2

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DENTNU, Apr 9, 2015.

?

Macbook 1.2/512 or 1.3/256

1. New Macbook 1.3/256

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. New Macbook 1.2/512

26 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. DENTNU macrumors member

I have been changing my mind for the past few days on which one I will be getting and what is best for me. On one hand I really do not need more than 256GB SDD and was planing to just get that with the 1.3 BTO but the price is so close to the 512/1.2 model I might as well get that one. I really want the the 1.3 BTO after reading some of the review that should increase the performance quite a bit. I really do not need 512 sdd. I plan to resale this mac once the newer version comes out next year so was thinking the bigger 512 ssd has better resale value. I am very confused and can not make up my mind what do you guys think I should do if you were me ? thanks

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

512 SSD it`s resale value will hold far better. On skylake`s release it`s highly likely the base Core M will offer greater performance than the current 1.3, so hardly a selling point.

Q-6

3. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I think I'm going with the 1.2/512. I think the resale will be better with the bigger drive.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes but you're also spending more, so it ends up balancing itself out. This thing is underpowered, you're going to want to get the fastest processor available first thing.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Pretty much my logic. That's why I'm going with 1.3 and maxing this machine out.

6. Wahlstrm macrumors 6502a

Wahlstrm

The CPU upgrade might be crucial for performance. Extra storage is nice, but there is noway you will use all that storage on this device. Remember it´s a laptop for the "streaming era". Heavy media editing is not for this machine and your iWork documents and iPhone images don't really take that much space :)

So unless this will be your .MKV home theatre I don't really see the point in choosing 512GB over the 18% faster CPU..

7. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

you can't change your mind later! I have found 256 to be a wee bit tight but Im rocking Xcode with all our apps on it.