Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Hi guys.
Wow, it's been quite a long time since I've posted on MacRumors. Anyway, I've gone through a lot with my MacBook. My battery has died and I'm getting yellow staining.

I plan to get a new battery and the top case replaced from Apple within the next few weeks, but it's little things like this that make me think twice about like keeping this MacBook once the repairs are made. See, the white plastic can scratch and the palm rests are known to stain. But also, it has a not so nice video card and I'm thinking about getting intensively into the CS3 suite now that it was released. :)

I figure I can get about $1000 for my MacBook. It's Core Duo 2GHz White with barely any scratches. 2GB RAM 80GB HD and I would include a carrying case. I don't wanna be one of those people who are never happy with their technology. But for some reason I really think that a MacBook Pro would be useful to me. The larger screen and the faster processor/video card will last much much longer. Plus cosmetically, it's much stronger for my rugged trips.

So, my main question is, do you think it's worth it? You think I'll see a performance difference? Any input is welcome, thanks!
-Caitlyn

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
I would say you will see a difference contingent upon two variables:
1. If you are doing multimedia intensive graphic or development.
2. It is highly dependent upon how much RAM you plan to put into the new laptop, obviously the more the better.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I would buy it stock but within a few months max it out for sure to the 3GB. :)

BashBash

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2007
If you really are wanting to get the MacBook Pro I would suggest you wait a little. The MacBook Pros are a lot likely to get an update soon in June... Don't know for sure, but the updates are more than just an OS X upgrade... I'm thinking of buying a MacBook Pro myself...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.