Macbook 2GHz questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Antonios, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Antonios macrumors newbie

I want to buy the macbook 2Ghz version which is the middle version of the line. However I am reading of some heat and fan noise issues. Are these true? Can I check the assembly date of the Macbook prior of the purchase maybe later macbooks have eliminated the problems.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I use my CD Macbook from September on my lap all the time, unless I'm doing something processor intensive (exporting site from iWeb, Compiling source code) it doesn't get hot, and even then it's not unbearably hot...

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

im fine with mine i bought mine in June and it works fine, unless you exporting video to a ipod or something the fans will act up but besides that its really cool and nice:D

5. Lord Flashheart macrumors regular

Lord Flashheart

Shouldn't be tooo bad. I used my friends to test it out and the only time it got pretty warm was when playing WoW.

6. JuJuBeee macrumors newbie

i have a black 2ghz which should be functionally identical to yours, and it is extremely quiet and i have not run into any of the heating issues so far.

7. robPOD macrumors 6502

My Mb is so quiet I can leave it running right next to my head at night downloading.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Maybe you are just a deep sleeper, personally I can hear EVERYTHING while I sleep, but when I'm awake, I feel like I'm going deaf :)

9. robPOD macrumors 6502

LOl no Im not that deeper sleeper, Its just real quiet.

10. polevault139 macrumors 6502

I think some of the early on heat issues were due to blockage of the fan area. I think there is a plastic protector there and once its removed there are no problems.