Macbook 3,1 Battery Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hOAx2000, Jul 11, 2013.

1. hOAx2000 macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,
    First post and all lol! Just bought this mac-book 3,1 (2007) really cheap but it was needing a new battery so I bought a unofficial battery and fitted that however it seems it never worked either? It has that "X - No batteries available" on the top bar.

So I Have done a little digging and did a SMC reset and I actually got it to run on the battery from boot but with the fans at 100% all the time? and then when I put the charger back on it refused to do anything (didn't go green or anything) so I had to remove the battery to change this back to just running off the mains again and no more battery boot.

Its still saying there is no battery's available however by mistake I took off the charger and behold its working? (Despite it not seeing a battery apparently) however I cant have it on here for long because its not charging.

Does this sound like the logic board is dead? It seems i can only have either Battery only and no mains or Mains and no battery. I cant win.

Thanks guys!

2. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Hiya,

Do you still have the old battery 'round? If so, shut down, plug it in. If it still does the same you have either a hardware fault or a flawed OS installation. If not, the non-apple battery's a dud.

RGDS,