MacBook 3.1 battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by grafviktor, May 5, 2014.

1. grafviktor macrumors newbie

Hello all. My macbook stoppped charging after some time of not being used. Looking for the solution in Internet I've found out that it is a common issue of MacBook's batteries - if battery discharged to zero point it won't be charged again(weird behaviour in my opinion). There are two ways, I see, how to repair my macbook: 1) Buy a new battery 2) Repair the old one.
    Every local workshop is ready to repair my old battery, but they want about 50-70$ for their work, i think it is too expensive for bringing to life the old battery. I decided to ask you, dear experts, if anybody already came across this issue and know how to restore the life of battery using own hands. Thank you in advance.

2. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings grafviktor,

I personally have this model Macbook 3,1 and have found similar issues. After reading all the reviews and complaints I tried to never ever let it drain to 0. However it did once but nothing happened. However i have found these batteries quite odd. For the first 3 years I owned this computer i never used the battery. now 6 years 5 months later my battery percentage remaining is shown at 58-66 percent. I get about 1.5-2 hours on the damn thing if my brightness is lowered on the system. I Spend my summer without the system the one year and noticed the battery wouldnt hold half an hour charge! So i began using it and charging it and slowly my health went back up to 60. However i have tried with many batteries at 0 and no avail. The amazing thing is apple still sells these batteries for a wooping $149 on their site.
    http://store.apple.com/ca/product/MA561LL/A/rechargeable-battery-13-inch-macbook-white

As im headed to school next year i will to be probably picking up one of these as i cant afford a new Mac. Good luck.