Macbook 3,1 Lion..ML??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by comda, Sep 25, 2014.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings!

I am the owner of a 2007 White macbook 3,1 and have some basic questions.

I am currently running OS X 10.6.8 and having issues with my Universities Wireless config. The techs there said OSX lion was needed to help implement the config files.

SO what i want to know is will i loose performance with Lion? i hear its laggy especially on my system due to my low video card.

I already know about ML post factor. I already have the ML app. Just have no idea which update it is. So If i where to install ML using post factor is it reliable enough for a student to use? What are the current glitches. And how to find out what version exactly the installer is so i can correctly install it using ML post factor?

I have a new battery in this Unit, 4GB ram and a 240gb SSD. SHould be more then efficient enough. But will lion of even ML give me the most of my battery and performance? Let me know as i dont have time in class to screw around personally trying to find the best config. So what are your experiences?!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have a niece with that white model with just the stock hard drive, and when Lion came out I installed it on there for her and it worked fine. I did not notice any slowdowns. I would think yours with an SSD would be even better.

3. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Im most worried about Graphic lag. The video card is this macs weak side. And considering ML. but is it really stable?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I never tried ML on hers, but had no issues or slowdowns with Lion at all.