Macbook 3D idea

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applemike, Mar 27, 2010.

1. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

When trolling through some of my bookmarked sites, this came up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad eh?

Sure, it's just wishful thinking, but this designer even went through the trouble of creating an Apple Store
    page for the MacBook 3D. This laptop features an Intel Core i7 processor, NVIDIA graphics, and a stereoscopic iSight camera.

Check this link for more pictures.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/macbook-3d-revealed

:apple:Mike

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think that designer has some larger Apple obsession issues to work through.

"Ports for your pleasure" ? Come on.

3. applemike thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

Very true, I didnt notice that but it is interesting.

4. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

The idea is beautiful.
    However 3D? This was a gimmick 20 years ago. It's not got much better. Avatar is the exception rather than the rule, most mainstream films are now being retrofitted with 3D, it doesn't work.

However other than that I really like the concept.
    :)

5. enberg macrumors regular

I said it before, over Ive's dead body. Way too busy design.

6. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Yeah.. kinda looks like what a MacBook Pro would look like if it was a PC.. the only thing that's missing are the 2-4 stickers for windows, the processor, graphics cards etc. :rolleyes::D

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

i would happily wait until september if apple does this. :)

8. coryndiego macrumors regular

coryndiego

trackpad display

the idea of a display on the trackpad would be cool. I can imagine having the toolbar for photoshop on the side of the trackpad for easy access and save screen real estate or iphone type interfaces. Great for editing too!

9. robfromabove macrumors regular

I can't wait to order mine with a 1TB SSD... $6k MBP, here I come! :rolleyes:

10. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I really love the black trackpad, but the side views make the hinge part look wayyy too thin.

11. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

This design is trash. Very un-Apple like. Looks like some of you people here just want a PC.

12. Buzz Bumble Guest

Unfortunately you'd better get used to it since it looks like the next few years (at least) are going to be all about 3D - it's probably the "best thing" since colour and talkies in their eyes. As well as all of Hollyweird jumping on the 3D bandwagon, companies like Sony and Panasonic are already well into plans to launch 3D into the home this year with new 3D TVs, 3D Blu-ray players, updating the PlayStation3, etc. and TV networks planing 3D broadcasts / shows.

BUT, if you think 3D is bad, I saw an article in the local newspaper here in New Zealand last week for a new "4D" cinema, possibly a whole chain of them - the old amusement park ride style of spraying smells, splashing water, moving the chairs, etc., but applied to a normal movie. :rolleyes:

I haven't read the website, but if you're talking about the image above, then I think the "display" on the trackpad is really just a reflection from the laptop's screen.

13. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Nice lol. The design does look a lil' bit PCish though, if you look closley. That text is all fuzzy on the picts, so do you think you could post the link to the page it was on? Thanks!:D

14. Buzz Bumble Guest

The link is already at the bottom of the original post.

15. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

looks neat...blue ray, 1tb ssd... only in our dreams

but i like that design

16. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

17. Eltorero macrumors newbie

18. robfromabove macrumors regular

Not a reflection:

[​IMG]

19. jawa12083 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Actually, the 1TB SSD 2.5" came out BEFORE the first 1TB 2.5" HDD. The current ASUS Lamborghini VX5 has it in it. unforetunately, it is not availiable to the public. Unless you can pretend you be you US government or ASUS, you can not buy it directly from the manufacturer.

20. applemike thread starter macrumors 6502

applemike

You can purchase it.

Theres a review and price here

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...oks/asus-lamborghini-vx5-614718/specification

and a link to buy it from typing it in Google here

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB8QrQQwAA

21. jawa12083 macrumors member

No no, I meant the SSD by itself - you can't buy it.