Macbook 3GB Compatiblity?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Makaveli7, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Makaveli7 macrumors newbie

The model for my Macbook is the 2007 version, with 1GB as default memory. From what I heard, Macbooks' can run well on 2GB, instead of 3GB. So, my question is: will 3GB work on my Macbook, and if so will I benefit it?

Check out this link, this is the OCZ memory I want for my Macbook http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php...tail&id=410593

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

The direct link you provided doesn't work.

As for your Mac, 2007 Macbooks can address 3GB of RAM. Since I can't open the link, I can't comment on your selection. Are you planning to purchase a full 3GB of RAM? I ask because RAM typically doesn't come in 3GB kits, and the RAM currently in your Mac is likely to be 2 X 512MB sticks.

The more RAM you add, the less lag you'll see with your computer. A jump to 2GB will have noticeable improvement. From 2GB to 3GB, less noticeable, unless you're running more intensive programs.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

why not just get 4?? It's not very expensive.

4. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Yes you can buy 2 x 2gb of RAM for that model. It will only be able to use 3.25 however, same with the Mac Mini.

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

In order to maximize the amount of RAM in your MacBook, the best offering is a 4GB kit (2 x 2GB). This would give you roughly 3.2 total Ram usage.

6. Makaveli7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I'm sorry, here is the link of the ram I want to get http://www.infonec.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=410593. If 4GB is better, than I suppose I'll pick up a 4GB. Which company brands should I aim for when purchasing for the Mac? OCZ has always been good to me, so this is why I chose a OCZ product :p