Macbook 4,1 2008 Snow leopard instal stuck

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kialua, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kialua macrumors newbie

It's been 4 hours and the ball keeps spinning. Can I stop it? will it revert back to where it was? (X5.8) Of course i didn't do a Time Machine back up :mad: I guess I will just let it keep running all night and see what happens.

If it doesn't install will it quit and say unsuccessful?

I called and researched all the specs before upgrading and supposedly 1 gig of memory is all it needs. I recently ran all software upgrades. i have enough free space.

My goal is to put in 4 gig memory and then the newest Lion which they said would run on this macbook.

I did have the Optical drive replaced last year and don't use it much so I don't think it's that.

2. kialua thread starter macrumors newbie

What a nightmare. couldn't force quit, couldn't eject DVD disc. Finally shut it down manually and started it up again after 5 1/2 hours. All seems to be well. All my files are intact that I have checked so far and the apps are working. Also put in another DVD movie and it played fine so its not the optical drive, thank God. I guess I will be on hold all morning tomorrow with Apple or maybe just go in to the Store and see if they will help install this darn Snow leopard. :mad: