MacBook 4.1 Early 2008 Kernel Panic

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iDutchman, Jul 28, 2012.

1. iDutchman, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

iDutchman macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have a older White MacBook 4.1 Early 2008. It's the 2.1Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with the Intel X3100 144MB card.

The MacBook has kernel panics on a frequent basis. I have already replaced the RAM (now 4GB) and the hard drive (250GB). It also has a new topcase. These are all new components.

The other thing I did is doing a clean install of Lion.

The MacBook seems to be working fine when I use it, but it kernel panics 75% of the time when it wakes from sleep. On occasion, I also kernel panics when for example I'm switching from dashboard back to the desktop or something.

Does anyone have any idea? It does not run too hot and I have already run geekbench or cinebench in order to test the system for failures. It passes them flawlessly.

I just has kernel panics pretty often out of the blue.

2. iDutchman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for this standard, always the same, advice. But I have tried every standard or common procedure.

One thing though, I runs all the way up to 108 degrees Celsius when just playing a 1080P YouTube video. So, I needs new thermal paste.

That, I will do. Could that be an/the issue?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're welcome for the same answer to the standard, always the same, question. You didn't specify what you had or hadn't tried, and there is no way for anyone to know that in advance.
    I would offer some suggestions, but I wouldn't dare, as it may appear to be standard, always the same, advice.