Macbook 4, 1 early 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by simani, Sep 23, 2013.

1. simani macrumors newbie

So I've had this macbook since it feburary of 2008. 160gb 2.4ghz and 2gb ram.......the keyboard bezel keyboard has since been chipped but apple replaced it for free saying it was a defect...

I have put lion on it, and is currently workibg smoothly. I also have Windows 8 set p with bootcamp, also rubbibg fine.....

Sometimes it hiccups butnother than that, it runs great for all my school work, youtube, word, movie playing. I don't play games on it, but I have once and it worked fine (age of empires)

The fan is loud, really loud sometimes. Last night I took the keyboard bezel off and blasted it with air, it was all dusty inside and now its good as new, put it all together and fan works a little better, could be placebo effect, but this fan doesn't come on as much that's for sure.

I've changed my bater from ebay once, bought one for $40 and works.fine since

My power cord also ripped that I bouggt off ebay, and that's been working great aince also.

I just ordered 2x2gb of ram, so I'm excoted to have that installed.....and looking into buying an ssd....perhaps cruicial m500 or samsubg, but unsure of which samsung to get......Ill be getting the new pro if its good enough and give this to my little brother, but i want an ssd that'll work for both, and that'll also be an upgrade from the current ssd apple has, (the 128gb ones) .....

What do y'all think?

2. MeUnix macrumors 6502

If you're looking into Samsung SSD's, I'd recommend looking at the SSD 840 line. That's what I have installed in one of my MacBook's. I've owned it for about 6 months now and it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.