MacBook 4,1 - Tiger

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thesteve, Jan 7, 2010.

1. thesteve macrumors newbie

Hello. I am game developer, and because I need to test my games on Tiger, I would like to install Tiger on my MacBook 4,1 (Early 2008). Is there any way to install it? Please guys, I really need it. I am waiting for you.
    Thanks in advance.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Short answer. No.

There was never an Intel retail version of Tiger.

3. thesteve thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, but then why apple has intel updates?
    I know that there was intel version starting from 10.4.8 I think, but I don't know if it will work on my model.

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

When Apple switched to Intel, Tiger was the current OS, so new Intel macs shipped with Tiger. Since all new Intel macs shipped with Tiger there was no need for an Intel retail version of Tiger. The grey disks shipped with each new mac contained a version of Tiger that was specific to that type of machine. There is no way to take a newer Intel machine and put Tiger on it (AFAIK).

5. thesteve thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... Okay. I'll still try on my own some install disk from older MacBook, because I need it desperately. :apple:

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It will not work as those DVDs are model specific, meaning not just MacBook, but more like MacBook version 3.1 versus MacBook 1.1 (the first one, that came with Tiger).

The other problem is that you can't install any Mac OS X version prior to the one that came with the Mac, meaning a Mac that came with 10.6.2 can't get 10.6.1 installed on it, and especially not 10.5.x or 10.4.x.