MacBook 5,1 sleepy

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by belkacemi, Sep 2, 2014.

1. belkacemi macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have a macbook 5.1 running smoothly on debian wheezy, with GPU acceleration cuda and everything.never had a problem under Linux.
    Though the problem is that I'm running Linux because I couldn't have os x to run.
    Os x boots then goes to sleep, installed on different disks different versions even booting from the installation disk itself gives the same results. Tried configuring os x on a different Mac(no way to boot it from this one): pmset -a SMS 0 && pmset -a hibernatemode 0; still sleeps on boot (suspected faulty SMS). Off course reset smc pram. Don't think it's the inverter (running without a glitch on Debian).
    Verbous mode on boot in is x complains about SMC
    kernel: SMC::smcHandleInterruptEvent WARNING status=0x0
    Previous sleep cause : -128.
    Looks hardware related, but if that is the case what is it exactly and why is Linux not complaining about it.
    Anyone with a suggestion is welcome, similar experience a fix a way to overpass...anything :)
    Thanks for reading

2. puntxo macrumors newbie

Try to remove the battery. I have a similar issue and the laptop works fine and doesn't go to sleep when connected directly to the charger with no battery.

3. belkacemi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello buddy, well actually that macbook is running without battery directly connected to the charger, tried with/without both together same issue.

4. belkacemi thread starter macrumors newbie

I wonder if anyone has a solution to flash a fresh smc on a macbook (e.i 5.1) without the use of Os X, if it can be done booting linux for example or a bootable disk.
    As mentioned in my first post can't boot Os X regardless of the verst ion or medium. but I can boot it in single user mode.